-There have been no Stan sightings in the last two weeks. Matt thinks he fled due to the hurtful, negative press he received on my previous blog post. I don't think the stump next to the grill has internet access, and besides, it's my 1st Amendment right to express my views even if they are exaggerated and anti-snake.
-Three years ago today I conquered the Autobahn. This is one of my proudest moments ever, so yes, I remember the exact date. I had to go to Germany for work all by myself and I was terrified about renting a car and finding my way nervous and jetlagged after a transatlantic flight. I had issues at the rental counter getting an automatic car, frustrations with the GPS speaking French as the default language, it started pouring rain on a road with no speed limit and crazy fast cars... you get the picture, it was an ordeal. But I stayed calm, talked to God the whole two hour drive (Isaiah 42:16 "along unfamiliar paths I will guide you"), and when the Saturn Astra hit the bumpy cobblestone streets of Burkardroth I cried tears of joy and relief. I did it! I stole this pic from www.Burkardroth.de, isn't it a beautiful village? You'd cry too if people you loved lived there, you just survived a solo adventure on the Autobahn, and a giant down feather bed was waiting for you.

-We painted our bedroom this past weekend. It turned out different than I had pictured it. Woodlawn Silver Brook looked gray on the color swatch, gray in the paint bucket, and blue on the walls. You could call it a blue gray, but in most light to me it just looks blue. Luckily, I love it, it's just a good reminder that what you see on the sample isn't always how it will look on a huge bare wall. I'll post pictures soon, right now I'm on the hunt for serene new bedding to complement our blue bedroom. Maybe something along the lines of this pillowcase from West Elm:

-Matt and I played tennis the other night. That statement is about as misleading as the Woodlawn Silver Brook swatch. How about, Matt and I attempted to engage in an activity that resembled the game of tennis the other night. I was awful. I tried grunting, you know, like the pros do, to see if it would improve my swing. It did not. Instead I not only looked ridiculous, I sounded stupid too. It was great fun and we're not going to wait another decade (we think that's at least how long it had been since either of us played) before we do it again.
-Starbuck's Mocha Coconut Frappucino!? What a delicious summer treat! Yes please!

That's all the randomness I can think to report on for now, stay cool out there blog readers!
-Three years ago today I conquered the Autobahn. This is one of my proudest moments ever, so yes, I remember the exact date. I had to go to Germany for work all by myself and I was terrified about renting a car and finding my way nervous and jetlagged after a transatlantic flight. I had issues at the rental counter getting an automatic car, frustrations with the GPS speaking French as the default language, it started pouring rain on a road with no speed limit and crazy fast cars... you get the picture, it was an ordeal. But I stayed calm, talked to God the whole two hour drive (Isaiah 42:16 "along unfamiliar paths I will guide you"), and when the Saturn Astra hit the bumpy cobblestone streets of Burkardroth I cried tears of joy and relief. I did it! I stole this pic from www.Burkardroth.de, isn't it a beautiful village? You'd cry too if people you loved lived there, you just survived a solo adventure on the Autobahn, and a giant down feather bed was waiting for you.

-We painted our bedroom this past weekend. It turned out different than I had pictured it. Woodlawn Silver Brook looked gray on the color swatch, gray in the paint bucket, and blue on the walls. You could call it a blue gray, but in most light to me it just looks blue. Luckily, I love it, it's just a good reminder that what you see on the sample isn't always how it will look on a huge bare wall. I'll post pictures soon, right now I'm on the hunt for serene new bedding to complement our blue bedroom. Maybe something along the lines of this pillowcase from West Elm:

-Matt and I played tennis the other night. That statement is about as misleading as the Woodlawn Silver Brook swatch. How about, Matt and I attempted to engage in an activity that resembled the game of tennis the other night. I was awful. I tried grunting, you know, like the pros do, to see if it would improve my swing. It did not. Instead I not only looked ridiculous, I sounded stupid too. It was great fun and we're not going to wait another decade (we think that's at least how long it had been since either of us played) before we do it again.
-Starbuck's Mocha Coconut Frappucino!? What a delicious summer treat! Yes please!

That's all the randomness I can think to report on for now, stay cool out there blog readers!
it is H-O-T HOT here - I can't imagine how warm it must've been for your tennis game. I don't have any hand-eye coordination, so tennis has never been anything I have even attempted. Glad you and Matt continue to come up with fun things to do together -- can't wait to see pics of the bedroom!
ReplyDeleteHas it been a year since you went over to Germany? I freak out over driving down to Atlanta by myself.
ReplyDeleteSorry Stan has moved on. I was thinking of sending you all Dragon to take care of him. I do hope he has truly moved on.
The tennis game. Love it. I can only imagine you grunting. I wish I could have been there for that.
Dragon got her summer cut yesterday. She looks pretty sad, but she is cooler for sure.
Can't wait to see how the bedroom turned out. I want some new bedding for our room too.
ReplyDeleteAlso I love that you guys played tennis - I wish you still lived in Lexington because we would totally play doubles with you. I love tennis!!! I think I'll play this weekend :)