Saturday, March 26, 2011

Epic Battle

Last night was a great night to be a Wildcat fan. It was one of the best games I've seen in a long time and I was holding my breath down to the last second. And in the end, we were victorious!


Woo-hoo! I love Jorts!

However... the stage is now set for what can only be described as an epic battle. Good vs. Evil. Strong royal blue vs. washed out pale blue. Kentucky vs. North Carolina. As many of you know, my dear sister graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill and this match up always brings out the competitive sides of both of us.
The photo above is from the Decemeber 5, 2009 game. Don't let the early score fool you- John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins beat those Heels 68-66 that day. Here I am rubbing it in later that day:Claudia may claim she is still loyal to her alma mater, but I have reason to suspect otherwise. She has now lived in the Big Blue Nation for 7 + years and I think she's starting to bleed a darker shade of blue. Here we are together at Rupp Arena two years ago (and yes, that's a Kentucky shirt she's wearing):Once again, more photographic evidence of her new found passion for KY basketball:And again, just a few weeks ago: I am so proud that she has decided to switch her allegiance, it means I can continue calling her my sister. In fact, the whole family has joined the Kentucky bandwagon. My parents are visiting this weekend and have said that they will support the team of the child who is providing them shelter for the next week. We're still all wound up from the exciting game last night and looking forward to big game tomorrow night. Go CATS!

1 comment:

  1. What a great post!! I laughed out loud several times! It seriously was a great game - though Pete and I are both dragging today from staying up so late :)

    Have a great visit with your mom and dad!!

    ReplyDelete