Saturday, October 9, 2010

Roomies

I was not as lonely this week thanks to plans with old friends and some impromptu house guests. Monday night I went to Louisville to have dinner with one of my favorite people, Ryan and his girlfriend Ashely. Then Tuesday night Laura called wanting to escape the polyurethane smell from her freshly stained hardwood floors. We watched Glee together and decided that she should stay the night to avoid the toxic fumes in her house. Pete was in Dayton, but by the time we woke up Wednesday he had also come to crash in the middle of the night.

Pete and Laura are currently undergoing a major kitchen renovation (you can follow along with the transformation on her blog) and the floors were getting strong smelling coats each day this week so they spent Wednesday and Thursday night with me too.

We had a lot of fun as a little family, we even had a home cooked meal which was exciting for all of us (I haven't cooked much for just me, and since Pete and Laura are currently kitchenless they haven't either).

I made my poor roomies keep everything spotless all week in case we had a showing, but unfortunately no one has come to look at our house. There was some traffic at last week's open house, but there have been no private showings in over three weeks. Let's hope someone comes by this weekend, having the house full this week reminded me how much I like living with someone.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jen! Thanks again for having us -- we had such a good time and loved having dinner and watching t.v. with you!!

    ReplyDelete