Master bedroom before:
We painted over this peachy pink ugliness on the same day we bought the house, it was our first project as brand new homeowners and we felt it was a necessary improvement before any furniture was moved in.
Master bedroom after:
Den before:Den after:
Half bath before:
I came home from work one Friday and spontaneously said, "I really hate this bathroom." and just started peeling wallpaper. We spent the whole weekend scraping, sanding, and painting and a few days later the eighties look was gone!
Dining room before:
We didn't have to change much here, we liked the neutral paint colors from the beginning so all we did was update the gold fixtures and hang some curtains.
Kitchen before:
Our biggest project was totally worth it. When we bought the house the kitchen was barely functional, that tiny harvest gold oven wouldn't even fit a standard cookie sheet due to all the 1970 insulation inside it. The island was awkward and cramped up against everything else, but since they had used it as an "eat in" kitchen there was plenty of space for us to redesign the whole thing.
Kitchen after:
Master bath before:
I know I've already blogged about this transformation, but I'm so pleased with how it turned out I think it needs recognition again and my renvoation recap wouldn't be complete without including it.
Backyard before:
It was so sad and stark that we don't even have a good picture of it. Just imagine a brick wall on either side of the patio. The above "before" picture isn't even a "before" picture, we planted everything you see in it. 
Half bath before:Half bath after:
Dining room before:Dining room after:
Kitchen before:Kitchen during the renovation:
Master bath before:Master bath after:
Backyard after:

I guess we've accomplished a lot in just four years! There was still a lot we were dreaming of updating someday (new floors, the guest bathroom, planting trees, new windows, etc.) but it is exciting to start dreaming about our next house instead.
Would I do it all again if I had known I'd only be in this house for four years? Absolutely. So happy anniversary house, thanks for the memories and please, please sell soon!
Happy House-iversay! I can't believe all the changes you've made - THOSE pics should be on your flyers!! It's a great house - someone else will think so soon, too :)
ReplyDelete