Monday, April 19, 2021

Spring

Oops. I have neglected the blog for months.  Life has been too much fun and the weather has been too wonderful to spend any extra time indoors on the computer.  If you're still here and wondering how our spring has been, get ready to scroll through endless sunny pictures of all our outdoor adventures.

Deep in thought wondering why his mother never blogs anymore








We spent the spring hiking, biking, swimming, boating, and spending lots of time with our grandparents.  Oma and Opa keep the kids several days a week after school and they have been helping them plant new things in their yard, and on weekends we often head to Grammie and Grandaddy's lake house.  It has been wonderful as the weather has turned warmer to enjoy our first spring knowing someone who lives on the lake.  We take advantage of John and Peggy's fantastic new spot often and have kayaked, tested out the freezing waters, and more recently been thrilled to go for a boat ride.

They are crazy. It was very cold.

First fish caught from the dock


This is the life


I know nothing about boats, but even I know this is a nice one.  





Taking a frosty dip 

We are still not back in church on Sundays yet, but this Easter felt a little more festive than last year thanks to a family filled Easter brunch at the Mack's.  Opa outdid himself with hiding Easter eggs and everyone got in on the fun trying to find all the eggs.  Kate received a book of Madlibs in her Easter basket and entertained the whole gang with her silly storytelling.






Over Spring Break we went on our first family mountain biking adventure and the kids did amazing their first time on the trails.  We are also still going strong reading through the Harry Potter series, we finished book 5 - the longest of the series- a few weeks ago and are now on book six.  I'm not sure who is enjoying this tradition more, because I have loved sharing them with the kids just as much as they get into the story.





School has been going along great, we celebrated Read Across America week with creative Dr. Seuss inspired outfits- a Wocket in Luke's pocket, and Kate made her own "Chick with Blocks and Clocks" from Fox in Socks.


Last week for Career Day Kate was a zookeeper and Luke went as a Playstation Programmer.  The Playstation is still a staple in our house long after quarantine, I used to frown on video games until I realized that they're just like any other games that can bring a family together, and we all like playing them and watching each other play.


Luke decided he wanted to update his room, he declared that he doesn't really like planes which were featured in the details and artwork displayed in his nursery.  I asked him what he wanted instead and he said "a cheetah room."  Kate stepped up and created the wall art, we bought a new bedspread, took down some airplanes, and he was thrilled with the result.




It has been such a wonderful spring, and one of the best things about it compared to last year is the feeling of hope around the corner.  I am fully vaccinated and so thankful that our family has stayed safe, healthy, and happy during such a stressful year.  I pray that we continue to move forward in this positive direction and am looking forward to adding more social events to our calendar in the coming months.  Thanks for checking in on us, I pray that you and your family are doing well too!



No comments:

Post a Comment