Tuesday, December 10, 2019

It's the most wonderful time of the year


We are having a holly, jolly, and somewhat hectic Advent season.  Between the eight work holiday functions I have to attend, rehearsals for our upcoming Nativity program at church, celebrating Luke's birthday, addressing Christmas cards, shopping, parties at school, and cookie baking... it's easy to get lost in the "to do" lists.  Luckily, we have had time to slow down and reflect on the season too, especially this past weekend when our church put on it's 26th annual drive thru Bethlehem event.  There are live sheep, a donkey, a camel, Roman soldiers monitoring the census, a bustling market, and someone from our Sunday school class ends up providing baby Jesus each year for the past decade.  I think we'll have to pass that duty over to the "Young Adults" class soon since all of our kiddos are growing up.

We were weary villagers, which meant our job was just to walk back and forth for two hours pretending to be shopping in the market and having repetitive conversations with shopkeepers about how rumors were that the inn was full, there was a strange star, and how many dinar it would cost for warm blanket.



The kids had so much fun getting into character and I know we will do it again next year.  On Saturday morning we did a fun run through Bethlehem, Kate won the kids group quarter mile dash and I managed to finish the adult race without collapsing so that's a win.




We finished up a week of celebrating Luke's birthday with a trip to Chuck E. Cheese (his choice).  It was loud and exciting- just like the past five years with Luke have been.





In other happenings, Kate needs a new tooth for Christmas this year.


There are so many special things about this season!  Coming up later this week is a trip to Charleston to see Christmas lights and the two cutest cows I ever saw will be present at the manger to welcome our Savior.  Happy Advent!


1 comment:

  1. I just got caught up with all your blog posts and once again you have done a marvelous job. Y'all have been so busy, can hardly wait to be with you this coming weekend.

    ReplyDelete