Sunday, December 1, 2019

Luke is 5



Today my favorite little boy turns five.  I am not sure how time is going by so fast, but I am amazed at what a sweet, smart, thoughtful human Luke has become.  He has a stubborn streak that tries my patience from time to time, but mostly he is an imaginative, animated, giggly, dancing, energetic, creative, hilarious, snuggly sweetheart.  We spent Thanksgiving out at the farm in Western Kentucky and he was eager to explore the wilderness and enjoyed being the center of attention while the family sang Happy Birthday and gave him cake, balloons, and gifts.


The rest of our weekend has included baking cookies, opening more presents, and later today we're headed to a party where Santa himself will be there!



Luke still calls me upstairs every night to tuck him in once he's done playing quietly in his room before bed.  These moments are some of the best of the day, and he often calls me saying, "Mommy! It's time for your favorite time of day!" and we lay in his bed together and talk about all kinds of things,  he has all kinds of big ideas and deep questions.  He loves his sister more than anyone and those two together are the cutest pals.  I love you Luke, more than I could ever explain, and I wish you a wonderful fifth birthday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment