Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Annual Beach Week


In June we went to Hilton Head Island for a week of sand, sun, swimming, and snoozing.  Spring 2019 was crazy- we tackled our biggest home renovation project ever, a complete kitchen redesign, and while I can't wait to share before/after pictures on the blog there are still finishing touches that need to be wrapped up before the big reveal.  It's been messy, it's been major, and when our vacation rolled around at the beginning of June we were more than happy to get away from the construction chaos for a week.



This year my parents joined us for the week, and they have had their own unusually eventful spring 2019 as they bought a new house, packed up, sold their house, and moved to SOUTH CAROLINA!  If I ever get caught up on blogging I will devote a whole post to that exciting endeavor, but for now I only mention it to say that between our kitchen remodel and their moving adventures, we were all extremely ready for a vacation.


The weather was mostly perfect, only one rainy day.  We spent most of our time in the pool or on the beach, not much else was needed to keep us entertained that week.  The kids thankfully avoided the many sting rays and jelly fish that we saw in the shallow waters.




I love this age.  The kids can finally hang all day on the beach, and are just old enough that I can read a book again while keeping an eye on them.  They have amazing imaginations and it was really fun to listen to them making up games in the pool together.










We came back relaxed, refreshed, and to newly installed back-splash in the kitchen!  Our summer started off great and hopefully I'll share more of the fun that followed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment