Friday, June 21, 2019

End of the School Year

At the year end student led conference- we are so proud of you Kate!
So... over a month ago (I know, I know, the blog is not maintained in a timely manner), Kate finished up her first year of Kindergarten.  It was an amazing first year of school.  When we got the e-mail last summer saying that Kate's teacher was our family friend Mrs. Roberts I almost cried because I knew we she would be in the best possible hands.  To prove that this wasn't just my opinion, Mrs. Roberts won the Teacher of the Year Award for the school this year and was a runner up for the District Teacher of the Year. We really did hit the jackpot.  I am blown away with how much Kate learned in Kindergarten, she is reading and writing and eager to learn all things.
 
Kate won the Leader of the Pack award
Relaxing at the zoo field trip with friends



Kate has made some really sweet friends this year and I'm so thankful for what an easy transition it was for her and our family to start Elementary school.  She excitedly scrambled out of the car every single morning, I'm thrilled that she had such a fun and positive experience to start out with a love for learning.  On to first grade!!!

1 comment:

  1. Every time you post a picture of the kids I just say, "Oh my they are so cute."
    I am not surprised that Kate had a great first year of school.

    ReplyDelete