A few weeks ago I went on a trip to Chicago to attend a conference. After a several days of meetings, my friend Elizabeth and I decided to be tourists and make the most of our trip by adding on the weekend to explore this pretty city. We had no idea that a snowstorm at the end of April would extend our trip even longer and cause our flight home to be canceled!
We did all the touristy things- rode the L train, went to a Cubs game at Wrigley Field, ate deep dish pizza, took selfies in front of the Bean at Millennium Park, enjoyed a river cruise to learn about the architecture, watched a comedy show at Second City, and of course- shivered in the wind and sleet to round out a true "Windy City" experience. It was actually a really fun trip, but by the time it was over and the cold weather arrived, I was more than ready to see my family and warmer weather in the south again.
![]() |
| One of us is enjoying the snow and freezing temperatures more than the other |








No comments:
Post a Comment