Saturday, December 1, 2018

Luke is 4


Luke is four!  There is no way to describe the emotions I feel for this amazing little guy.  Without him life would be so dull.  The energy he brings into our home, the infectious sound of his giggle, the sparkle in his bright blue eyes when he is being mischievous, the way he snuggles with all he's got... my heart overflows with how much I love being his Mama and watching him grow.



Luke is smart.  I never realized what a huge benefit second children have by wanting so desperately to be like their older sibling.  Kate comes home from Kindergarten and teaches her eager student all the things she has learned, and he retains it just as well as if he was already in school too.  Lately he has been saying that daycare is "boooo-ring!" and that he doesn't want to go, and I wonder if part of it is that he actually is bored there because his idol already covered those basics with him.  I wonder if the other part is that he is wired like his father, and will not be as enthusiastic about attending school as Kate and me.


Luke loves climbing on all the things- furniture, his parents, trees, seats in the car... he is such an explorer.  I think he loves jumping off things just as much as he liked climbing on them.  He doesn't spend as much of his life in time out as he did the first half of year three, he has learned more self control and I'm so proud of the times I see him want to have an outburst but instead he pulls himself together.  His opinions are strong, and his will is stubborn and while that made him a tricky toddler at times, I know see him as a driven and determined adult who doesn't back down from his beliefs.  






Favorite foods: Pop Tarts, Dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets, Silk, smoothies, and Doritos

Favorite songs: I'm Still Standing, Hakuna Matata

Favorite Movies: Ice Age, Monsters Inc., Sing, Tangled

Favorite Person: Katherine Wheeler

Favorite Toy: His stuffed sidekick- Bearby




We are excited to have family in town this weekend to help us celebrate our favorite four year old.  Happy birthday Luke!


1 comment:

  1. Luke Edward is an adorable rambunctious little guy and I love him so very much.
    Happy 4th Luke, looking forward to watching you grow.

    ReplyDelete