Monday, September 17, 2018

Hurricane Florence

If you watched the news last week, you saw that a monster storm named Florence was heading towards us.  Understandably, the media and government panicked.  Thankfully, this time they were wrong about the exact path and strength of this nasty hurricane.  I was annoyed at first when they closed schools four days ahead of the storm last week and hyped everyone up in anticipation of doom, but in hindsight, seeing the destruction caused in cities near us I'm just grateful that we did not suffer a direct hit or those kinds of damages.

Image result for hurricane florence

In reality, what happened in Columbia weather-wise was almost comical when you consider the "Storm of a Lifetime" the jittery, salivating meteorologists were promising.  It rained.  Let me clarify, it gently rained for two days.  You might call it a steady drizzle.  There was no wind.

Playing "hurricane"
We did stock up on some supplies, because they really did make it sound like Armageddon was on the way, but I took this photo in Kroger to assure my worried Mom that, yes, there was still plenty of bread on the shelves during the storm and we were fine.

The biggest inconvenience for us (like I said, we know we were very lucky if this is our only storm related hassle) was shuffling around our Kindergartener who suddenly didn't have a Kindergarten to go to for most of the week.  Kate spent her Hurrication playing with the neighbor, helping me at work, and getting her very own library card.

Take your daughter to work day

Washing Colton's car before the storm
Thanks to all our sweet friends and family who texted, called, and e-mailed to check on us.  It means so much to me that you all care!  I'm happy to report that we survived just fine and barely even realized a hurricane was passing over our state.  I hope you are safe too and I really hope this will be a normal week of work and school for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment