Cousin weekend!!! Ohmygosh I love seeing these three together. They get along instantly and wonderfully and the giggles never stop. History was repeating itself some this year, because once again the Summers family stopped over at our house on their way to Isle of Palms for the week, once again we went to the zoo on Saturday morning, once again we sat on the same turtle statue (even posed in the same order unintentionally), once again we played on Wild Dunes together, once again we ate dinner at Poe's, and once again... a hurricane named after another old lady is cutting their vacation short. What are the odds? I feel bad for Claudia and Stephen, but I'm thankful that we were able to have a great weekend with them before Hurricane Florence messed up all their plans.
![]() |
| 2017 and 2018 |
The beach at Wild Dunes has changed dramatically since last year, a huge reclamation project has added tons of sand. Hopefully Flo won't wash it all away later this week.
I know the mandatory evacuation put a damper on this visit to South Carolina, but I hope it doesn't prevent us from many more cousin reunions at the coast!







No comments:
Post a Comment