Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Kindergartener Kate


Here we go!  Today was the first day of the next chapter of our lives, the school years, and I'm so proud of how eager and excited Kate was about all the changes coming her way.  No tears were shed today, by me or her, because while it is crazy to think about how quickly this day has come, I'm ready too and can't wait to see this bright, confident girl keep growing.  Happy first day of Kindergarten my sweet Kate, I know you will dream big dreams and go far this year!




Kate already knew her teacher from church as her friend Caroline's mom, but now we are all happy to call her Mrs. Roberts instead! It was such an answer to prayer that we were able to get Kate into Irmo (it is not the school we are zoned for) and that she is now part of a close knit community where we already know many of the other families.  Kate will have familiar faces and friends in her class, in the halls, on the admin staff, and at the after school program who know her and us.  I love that she woke up extra early this morning and couldn't wait to leave the house, no sign of nervousness, shyness or fear from this big girl today.  Even Luke was excited and wished her a great day.

Ready for me to leave and quit taking so many pictures

She may always be my little dark haired baby in my mind, but watch out world, today Katherine Elizabeth Wheeler is taking her first steps towards learning and conquering all things.



3 comments:

  1. I love her so much and am so excited to hear all about her first day and all the other days ahead. So glad that Luke was excited for her, I was a little afraid he might have more trouble than you. God Speed Kate you are on your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to add her expressions are so humorous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man!! why'd you have to add that teeny tiny baby kate pic at the end?!!!! (sniff sniff!)

    ReplyDelete