Friday, January 12, 2018

Kate is Five




Happy birthday to the girl who changed my whole life, who made me a Mom and continues to fill each of my days with more purpose, joy, and fun than I ever dreamed possible when I held her that first day.  Sweet Kate, I am so proud of the kind little person you have become, you are sensitive and considerate to those around you and I love how you are always looking for ways to help. 


Kate loves being outside, singing, dancing, coloring, swimming, and coming up with very creative games for her and Luke to play.  The other night she decided they were both penguins and she dictated that they could only waddle.  It was hilarious.  Her imagination is in full force, you never know from one minute to the next- she might become a kitty cat, or a pirate, or a monster.



Kate is a playground enthusiast.  Our weekends are spent seeking out new parks to explore and equipment to master.  She is bold and adventurous, I love her confidence when it comes to new challenges.







Kate's favorite pal is still Luke, they are often skipping off hand in hand into the room where I drop them off at daycare in the morning.  She bosses him around (and he's usually more than happy to oblige) and they generally do a great job sharing or coming up with elaborate compromises that make sense to them regarding when someone is allowed in a certain area or a particular toy.


Five years have flown by, I really can't believe later this year Kate will start Kindergarten.  We already visited the school for an open house and Kate loved it and wanted to go back the next day.  She loves learning new things and is such a smart girl, I know she will do an amazing job at school.


We have a lot of fun surprises and events planned for her birthday weekend and I can't wait to celebrate this sweet, silly, sassy, special girl.  Her laugh is infectious, her joy is contagious, I never knew it was possible to cherish a little soul so deeply until this amazing daughter entered my life.  Thank you Katherine, for brightening up our world, have a wonderful birthday!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE YOU BK!!!!! :) Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Kate, you stole my heart 5 years ago. Granddaddy and I are so looking forward to sharing more fun times with you. We love you much.

    ReplyDelete