Friday, December 1, 2017

3



Happy third birthday to the cutest fellow who completely stole my heart from the moment I first saw him, my wild and wonderful Luke Edward.


Luke at age three is exactly what comes to mind when you think of a three year old boy- sticky, curious, rambunctious, and a contradictory mess of both the sweetest and most infuriating little human I have ever met depending on the minute.  When he is mad, it's an all consuming emotion and you should stay out of his way because something will get thrown.  When he is kind, it will make your heart melt at what thoughtfulness and compassion such a young person is capable of showing.



Luke loves to read, he loves to climb (trees, furniture, on his family...) and he loves his big sister.  When I ask Luke each night how his day was one of the things he usually reports on is whether or not he saw Kate on the playground at school or not.  It is one of the highlights of his day when they are outside at the same time, and they play along the fence with each other since they are on separate playgrounds.

These wobbly platforms did not slow Luke down a bit




Luke got an early start on the birthday celebrations a week ago in Northern Kentucky opening the gifts from his Oma and Opa.  Then today he woke up to more presents before heading off to school with two dozen cupcakes to share with his buddies.
Opa helps out

Oma does it again!  The grin says it all- a happy boy and his tiger



I am still amazed each day that this little guy is my son.  It is such a joy to watch him grow and learn and his arms wrapped tightly around my neck is the best feeling in the world.  Luke, I hope you always stay stubbornly passionate about the things that matter to you, fight for the things you believe in, but also learn when humbly accepting defeat is the right road to take and graciously consider other viewpoints (ahem, like that of your parents from time to time).  You are a strong willed child, and I pray that your fierce determination will guide you well to make your dreams come true.  I love you, I love you more than I ever could have imagined, and I wish you a very happy third birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment