Monday, November 20, 2017

Thankful


Ready or not, here comes the holiday season!  Thanksgiving is up first, and it's my favorite- the least stressful, most delicious, and a wonderful reminder to count the ridiculous amount of blessings I have to be thankful for in my life and offer up a grateful heart of praise for them.


This past weekend we got in the holiday spirit by baking a pumpkin pie and have even started pulling out Christmas decorations extra early this year because 1.) the kids, and their Mama, can't contain their excitement and 2.) we are traveling for Thanksgiving and it would be well into December before another free weekend opportunity comes up to do any of the decorating in this busy season.



Fall in South Carolina (and winter and spring) is always lovely.  Those three seasons of pleasant warm sunny days make up for the one season of too hot to handle summer.  We soaked up the mild temperatures and sun this past weekend before we head north to much colder conditions for feasting in a few days.


I am thankful for the big things like the health of my family, the food in our pantry, and the freedom in our country.  I am also thankful for the small things like a pot of coffee ready and hot when I come downstairs in the morning (thanks hubby!), a text from a dear friend just to say hi, and a good book to read under a warm blanket.  I can't wait to squeeze my family tight later this week and celebrate Thanksgiving, and I wish all of you a happy start to the holiday season too! 

1 comment: