-There was a total eclipse in August in Columbia. It was amazing, much more awe inspiring than I expected (I'll admit the insane media hype here leading up to it had me jaded and skeptical, it felt like when they create a frenzy crying "blizzard!" and all we get is a dusting. I'm glad they were right this time). I was at work, but we had food trucks set up in the parking lot for lunch and all spent a good part of the afternoon outside gazing up at this fascinating experience.
![]() |
| Matt took this picture, none of mine turned out |
-Luke decided completely on his own a few weeks ago that he was ready to leave his crib. He moved across the room to the twin bed and some nights opts for his sleeping bag on the floor instead, but mostly sleeps in his big boy bed like a big boy.
-Kate is officially in Pre-K class now and Luke has moved up to the Preschool class at our daycare. One of the things I love about Luke's new room is that the teacher is really good at e-mailing daily pictures of my man.
The other thing I love about this teacher is that she potty trained Kate in about two days when she was in that room and I've already joked with her that I am hoping for a similar success story with Luke under her care. On that topic, we have also enlisted a personal Toilet Tutor- it's Kate, and she takes her job very seriously. She sits next to Luke in the bathroom and reads/recites the books we have about potty training, bribes him with stickers or treats, and cheers him on.
Kate's new class means more homework, projects, and special field trips this year. She had a blast working on her first assignment- a poster about her family.
-Matt was in Las Vegas last week for InterBike and as usual his absence prompts me to publicly proclaim how much I love that man. Luke was rotten and spent a lot of the week in time out, but Kate was a huge help and I rewarded her for her good attitude and great job following directions by taking her out on a special trip to get ice cream on Saturday.
It is officially fall, but of course still feels like summer around here. We're even looking forward to another beach trip coming up soon. I'll try to be better about updating more, even if it's a just some pictures of my cuties!










Great post. Love all the pictures of your family. Hard to believe Kate has assignments. Looking forward to hearing all about what she is up too at school. Luke sleeping in his big boy bed is adorable. He is so cute.
ReplyDeleteSee all of y'all soon, it's going to be fun.