Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Luke Love

There is nothing better than holding someone you love.  Nothing.

Since having kids, time is suddenly moving much faster than it did before, and those tiny babies I used to rock and hold for hours are turning into pretty awesome little people who are often too busy for snuggles or staying still longer than a minute.  I think knowing that the moments are fleeting is part of what makes them so special.

Luke woke up early from his nap on Sunday and Matt brought him to me on the front porch where I was reading.  Then that sweet boy decided he wanted to continue that nap in my arms turning me into a sappy puddle of Mama-mush.  Because there is nothing better.


Did I get teary eyed?  Hint- I'm dedicating an entire blog post to this one moment because that's how much I enjoyed it.


He is a wild man, usually covered in bruises and scrapes and snot.  I love his enthusiasm, energy, and fearlessness.     
Ready for adventure
Snack break on our family hike
I also love that even though he looks and acts more like a little boy each day, he still clings to me and needs a good snuggle from time to time.  Don't we all? 



2 comments: