It is a privilege, a joy, a challenge, a miracle, a complete roller coaster that goes from picture perfect happy moments to complete chaos and crying in a split second. It is motherhood. I often don't know what I'm doing, but I have some great examples in my life to follow. Each day ends with kisses and no matter how rough the day was I still find myself missing them after they're asleep and sneaking in their rooms to gaze at those precious, snoring, dreaming babies... so I think we're doing just fine even at our low points.
 |
| The girl who made me a Mama |
 |
| Happy Mother's Day, Mom! |
 |
| Happy Mother's Day, Mom-in-Law! |
I know Mother's Day is a hard day for many people- for those who long to be mothers, and those who long to talk to their mother one more time, and all the complicated mother/child relationships in between. I hope no matter how you feel about this day we can all agree that there are or were women in our lives (moms, aunts, teachers, neighbors) who mothered us and should be celebrated and remembered today. It's a good day to count blessings and I'm humbled when I think of all the women who helped me become the mother, wife, co-worker, friend and person I am today. Thank you, and happy Mother's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment