Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Spring is Here

Family photo attempt- Fail
Spring is in full bloom in South Carolina, and the pleasant temperatures have us all itching to get outside.  Or maybe it's the pollen causing the itchiness, but it's been so gorgeous that I don't even care.  Work has been insane, and this is the only beginning (we're in the early stages of a complete system conversion and I have a feeling the stress will only increase leading up to our November deadline) which was all the more reason to enjoy a fun family weekend with Matt's parents in town.

Skipping along
Friday's April showers cleared up on Saturday and we went out to lunch, explored the River Walk downtown, and played in the backyard.  Saturday night, Matt and I went on a date and let the grandparents deal with the chaos of dinner/bath/bedtime... I think the arrangement worked brilliantly for all parties involved.  Kate (I'm guessing) got to fill her belly with treats after dinner, John and Peggy got sweet undivided kid attention, bedtime snuggles, and "I love yous", and Matt and I felt like we were on vacation eating on the patio downtown at Cantina 76 sipping a margarita while munching on guacamole and tacos, watching people walk by on a gorgeous evening.  At one point I remarked how I was actually taking time to eat my food, a luxury since I realized I normally scarf down my dinner so that I'm done before someone has a meltdown or needs an immediate bath or refill or whatever keeps us jumping up and down from the dinner table on a typical night.  After our date we wandered around downtown some more and then even stopped for dessert before heading home.  It was the highlight of the weekend and we should probably splurge for a sitter more often to have nights like that together.  Eager and willing grandparents in town are of course a much more economical and appreciated alternative!




Taking a break for a snack
Spring usually doesn't last long in South Carolina, and we've definitely had days in the upper 80's already this year, but for the most part the past few weeks have been perfectly pleasant, windows rolled down kind of days that are made for laying in the backyard and being lazy after a Sunday family bike ride to the playground:


Happy Spring everyone!

1 comment: