Monday, February 15, 2016

Slice of Life

The chef and the climber
We are at a very sweet stage right now where Kate and Luke are becoming playmates.  While there are many frustrations and inevitable squabbles over the exact same toy, or Cheerio, or patch of carpet to sit on... there are also plenty of precious interactions between these two siblings where they are happily playing together.


Kate is a bossy but helpful big sister, cleaning up after Luke, fussing at him when he breaks a rule and organizing activities for them.  Their favorite games right now include cooking and picnicking, chasing each other through the tunnel, building nests in the corner of the living room with pillows and blankets, playing basketball, and mimicking each other's shouts or motions.

It is fun to watch them develop opinions, interests and habits.  I love the little glimpses into the people they are becoming- Kate the Considerate and Luke the Wild.
My eager helper, there's always something under this table that needs to be cleaned!
Luke loves Kate's dollhouse - and Hurricane Luke often leaves the poor family and their home in shambles
Creative girl

Life lessons with Daddy- gotta love winter in SC


It's funny how I want to freeze time and speed up time at the same time.  As much as I love the current stage, I'm excited for the next one too.  There was no real point to this blog today, I just wanted to capture some memories, a snapshot of life right now, because it has been good lately and for a happy, healthy family I will always give thanks.  Til next time dear readers!



No comments:

Post a Comment