Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Three

Today Kate turns three!  Three years ago today I became a mother- a job, privilege, responsibility, and title that will forever shape my identity and life from that day forward.  In the past three years I've experienced the highest highs and the lowest lows of my life, it's that crazy of a ride.  Here's a snapshot of who Katherine Elizabeth Wheeler is at age three, as well as a look back on one of my favorite pictures of her from each month last year.

January, February, and March
Kate is sweet and helpful.  In fact, if we are cooking or cleaning she will come find us and say, "Can I be your helper?"  Her teachers say she is the same at school which makes me burst with pride.  Kate puts everyone's blankets on their cots at nap time and is always eager to get involved and help out with any task.  It is one of her best qualities and I hope she continues to look for ways that she can help those around her.

April, May, June

Along those same lines, she is an amazing big sister.  One of the cutest stories in recent memory was on the first night we converted her crib into a toddler bed we heard a thump and knew she had gotten out, her first escape!  We went upstairs to see why she was on the loose and she looked at us and explained, "I think I hear my brother crying."  Her first night of freedom and she gets out of bed to check on her baby brother, someone hand this Mama the tissues.

Kate is very opinionated and we've had our share of battles when she is determined to do things by herself.  "I can do it!" is a common phrase around our house.

July, August, September
Kate is... a daddy's girl, a super snuggler, a picky eater, an avid reader, a creature of habit, super observant, a kisser, a hugger, a dancer, and my silly little girl.  I love her more than I ever knew possible and wish her a very happy birthday and another fun filled year ahead.

October, November, December

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Happy Birthday to Kate, and happy Birthing Day to you!! Love that we were there for at least one (maybe two?) of those photos!! Hope that this year brings even more smiles.

    ReplyDelete