Sunday, November 8, 2015

Trips to the Doctor

Don't let the title of this post alarm you, our family has made it five straight weeks without a missed day of work or school due to illness (yes, I am keeping count and celebrate each week we make it to Friday healthy).  However, we do have one very sick member of our house, Kate's baby doll (no name, just "Baby") has to go to the doctor about 30 times a day.  Much to my delight, we have entered the stage of imaginative play and it is so much fun hearing how her creative little mind works.

Concerned Mommy Katherine takes her Baby to the doctor... again
Some of my favorite quotes from these scenes when I ask her about her baby's symptoms include:

Kate: My baby doesn't feel good.  She's pulling on her ears a lot. (hilarious because she's repeating what she has heard us say about Luke)

Kate: My baby won't eat her dinner.  She only wants tater tots. (hilarious because she just described herself, not her baby, and again is repeating things we say.)

Kate: My baby can't touch her toes! (funny to me because I'm not sure it warrants a trip to the doctor)

And my favorite-

Kate: My baby is scared of the bear chasing her. (my diagnosis for this one was understandably high blood pressure due to the stress of the situation)

Usually I'm the doctor, but sometimes Dr. Kate is on duty, and she's extremely thorough.

Diagnosis: Glaucoma
The doctor lecturing the patient on making healthier lifestyle choices
Luckily after a weekend full of repeated trips to the in house doctor's office, we determined that all Baby really needed was lots of rest and hugs and kisses in order to feel better.  As I type this Baby is lovingly tucked in her cradle recovering from all the extensive medical testing she underwent yesterday and today.

I love playing pretend with her and am looking forward to so much more playing like this to come!

1 comment: