Thursday, January 1, 2015

One Month Old



First off, happy new year!  Second, happy one month old to my sweet baby boy, Luke!  It has flown by, but I feel like I've done a better job enjoying and savoring the precious and even the tough times that come along with a newborn this time around since I know how quickly I will be writing his one year old, ten year old, high school graduation, etc. posts.  It is a difficult period, but also a very wonderful one full of baby snuggles and hopes and dreams for this new little person.  Don't get me wrong, there have been long, frustrating nights full of cluster feedings and minimal sleep during which I have called him a punk and begged him to shut up.  However, compared to my first month with Kate when I was completely overwhelmed and exhausted, this month has been much better.  I've even left the house several times, sometimes even without the baby!


Luke as a one month old doesn't have much personality yet, but the best way to describe him so far is thankfully very laid back.  He rarely fusses for long periods and accepts the constant harassment from a curious sister with a chill attitude.  He is easy going and has not found a lap or arms that he didn't want to take a nap in so far.

Likes: eating, eating, eating.  Being held to sleep.  Yeah, that's about it as far as his interests and hobbies go right now.



Dislikes: diaper changes, having his blocked tear duct cleared of goop, and baths

Deep in thought, perhaps he will be a philosopher 

We love this little guy and can't imagine life without him.  I know 2015 is going to be another amazing year as we watch this handsome baby learn and grow.



Typical second child syndrome... big sister wanted to jump into his one month old photo shoot.  I love their relationship already and hope they will be best buddies as they grow up!

2 comments:

  1. Your blog makes me want to get in the car and head your way. Give those babies and your hubby hugs and kisses for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! What a punk. I called Albert a terd and may have cussed at him in the middle of the night those first few months ;) love the pics! He is a gorgeous baby boy!!!

    ReplyDelete