Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Holiday Recap

Somehow Christmas came and went already!  We were thrilled this year to have all of our immediate family come visit us for a change.  It was extra special since it was our first time hosting Christmas at our house, our first time being home to attend our church on Christmas Eve, and of course Luke's first Christmas.  There's not much that needs to be said about it all except that I think it might have been the best Christmas ever since I was a child myself.  Seeing the excitement on Kate's face every time we turned on the lights of the Christmas tree, or the enthusiasm with which she tore into each wrapped gift brought a new level of joy to the season.  Having our parents, my sister and her husband, Kate, and our tiny new son in my arms all around the tree... not to get all mushy (although I suppose I can still blame the crazy postpartum hormones for the increased sappiness) but I can't explain how special and blessed I felt this Christmas.  Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the last week:

I miss my sister a lot, and it was fun to introduce her to her new nephew

Kate adores her aunt and uncle, the giggles never stopped while they were playing together
One very happy Oma
One very happy Opa
Round 1 of Gifts: Mack Family Christmas the weekend before Christmas

Luke poses with my Mom's newest knitting masterpieces

Round 2: Christmas morning, Santa brings Kate more Mega Bloks

Round 3: Christmas Day afternoon, Grammie and Granddaddy arrive laden with more thoughtful gifts

Happy Grandparents, pretty sure none of our parents would have noticed or cared this year if they didn't have any gifts to unwrap as long as they got to hold Luke

Playing with new toys
Kate's grandparents gave her a shiny new tricycle!  She was extremely helpful and eager to put it together with her Daddy
Taking it for a test drive
The smile says it all... she loves it.

Snuggling his Grammie
Family really is the best gift ever.  I love these three more than I even understand.




My favorite thing under our tree this year, Kate!
I can't believe it's New Year's Eve tonight.  I can't believe that last year at this time Kate could not walk or talk.  I was still nursing her.  Now here we are just a year later and she's a completely different little girl and a big sister.  I'd say 2014 has been one of the most eventful years of my life and I'm looking forward to all the wonderful ups and downs that being a parent will bring in the coming year as we adjust to life as a family of four.  Happy new year and all the best wishes for 2015 to you!

1 comment:

  1. This was one of the best Christmas' ever. We are so blessed to be able to celebrate together.

    ReplyDelete