Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Newborn Haze

Hello again blog!  It's hard to believe two weeks have already passed since Luke was born, I'm stuck in that phase where I have no concept of time and the days and nights blur together into an endless cycle of feeding a baby, briefly sleeping, and feeding a baby some more.  I spend most of the day sitting in my chair by the Christmas tree holding my baby boy, which is exactly where I want to be.  I continue to be amazed and grateful at how much easier my recovery process has been this time around.  I also am loving how much easier our experience so far with a second baby has been, something a lot of people told would be the case, but I didn't believe it until sweet, calm Luke came along.  Maybe it's because I'm more relaxed and realistic this time around, or maybe it's just his temperament, whatever the reason I'll take it and appreciate it knowing full well that it could easily change from one day to the next.  My Mom is in town this week making sure we stay fed and it's wonderful to have one less thing to worry about and more time for rest and recovery.

At Luke's two week check up he was described as "perfect" and I couldn't agree more.  Here's a glimpse of life with a newborn...

Sweetest big sister ever, Kate loves to kiss her baby brother
All my favorite people on one couch

Different days, exact same story... nursing then snuggling- all day long
When Matt comes home from work he takes over on the snuggle shift
View of my lap- I call him my "handsome fox" when he wears these pajamas
It's not all cuddly snuggles, there have been some very trying moments too, especially with Kate as she adjusts to new routines, but I know someday I'll sleep again and I'll feel better physically too and we'll all get used to the new kid.  I'm trying to enjoy even the sleepless nights more this time around because I know how quickly these snuggly days will be in the past.

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to meet that handsome fox ;) 4 more days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does the fox say? John and I were playing that for Kate, we enjoyed it much more than she.
    Can hardly wait to hold the cutest fox I ever saw.

    ReplyDelete