Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Nine Years

Back when instead of having kids, we were kids!
Today is our ninth anniversary (and we started dating three years before that, in November of 2002, meaning this month we've been together for 12 years)!  In some ways it has flown by, but mostly when I think back about how much has happened since then (new jobs, buying our first house, a new out of state job, selling a house, moving states, buying our second house, another new job, pregnancy, having a baby, navigating parenthood, another pregnancy)... we've come a long way since that day.  I've learned that life is just better when you have someone to share it with, especially if you choose someone you love to be around.  In keeping with blog anniversary tradition (see year 5, year 6, year 7, year 8 - wow, the blog has been around awhile too) here is this year's anniversary poem.




Nine years later and ever so blessed,
to be able to say I don't love you any less.

In fact, each year the love grows and grows,
much like my current belly blocking the view of my toes.

We started out as just you and me,
since then we've become a sweet family.

Our precious little Kate and soon Baby Boy too,
I love you much more, the more we go through.

Happy nine years to my favorite one,
Can't wait to see what's yet to come!



1 comment:

  1. Another great poem. Happy 9th Anniversary to two of my most favorite people ever.

    ReplyDelete