So let's learn some more about this bear who won our baby's heart.
Name: Bear-Bear. When Kate says it, it sounds like, "Bah-Bah"
Origin: He is a Steiff bear, which if you're not familiar with the brand you should Google it, their history is interesting and claim to fame is that they invented the teddy bear in 1902. Growing up I owned lots of Steiff brand animals, but I did not have one of their bears. This particular bear was a gift from my Onkel Gerhard and Tante Ursel, and since I know they read the blog I thought they'd like to see how attached Kate has become to this little guy.
| The day they met |
He is also a perfect companion for her because two of her nicknames from us have always been Baby Bear and Snuggle Bear. The child owns a hippo, elephant, raccoon, camel, panda, clown fish, dog, tiger, zebra, and a host of others but she's always been our little Bear and now she has her own little bear.
![]() |
| Other animals she selected to join her in the crib have been tossed aside, her beloved Bear Bear is the one she holds at night |
Fun fact: Did you know there's nothing this bear can't do? He enjoys walks in the stroller, car rides, swinging, bike riding, and if we'd let him he'd enjoy dinnertime and bath too.

![]() |
| She rarely lets him go |
It's funny seeing Kate express such strong opinions and preferences for the first time. It is also adorable to see her face light up when she sees Bear Bear and the way she hugs and holds him close as she drags him all over the house. We'll see if they're friends forever or if this is just a short attachment phase, either way it's been a change around here and a cute new accessory!




I love this post! My mom had a Steiff bunny from when she was little, and we were taught to regard it with awe and respect for being such. Does the bear have the little tag on it? - Oh I just saw it on the bottom picture :-)
ReplyDeleteHoping I get reunited with the Steiff animal I remember, and so glad that Kate has finally picked a lovey. Ellie was about 16 months old when we taught her that Cici was a "crib only" toy. So hopefully she can part with him soon and ease your fears of losing him somewhere!!
I still have a strip or two from Matt's blanket or his "gainky" He loved that and also his pacifier.
ReplyDeleteThe picture of Kate in her swing with her bear is so cute. She has her bear, her thumb and a swing what else do one need.
Looking forward to seeing you all soon, can hardly wait.
Hugs and kisses to all of you.