Sunday, May 11, 2014

Motherhood

Happy Mother's Day!  Here are some thoughts I have on motherhood after the last short 16 months of experience.  Being a Mom means...

-less sleep
less sleep for Mom that is...

-more laughter

-more contact with snotty noses

-more sympathy towards the parent of the screaming kid at the store

-more laundry
Good thing Kate is such a big helper when it comes to loading and unloading the laundry
-more messes

-less time to clean those messes

-more appreciation for my own Mom


-more memorizing of silly songs and rhyming books than you realized your brain can hold

-more sick days taken off from work when you're not the one sick


-more worry

-less junk food eating because you don't want your kid begging for it
I'll take that pizza please!
-less exercising, but more heavy lifting

-more respect for single parents, parents with twins, more than one kid, and children with special needs

-less judgement in general towards others

-more compassion when you realize everyone was someones baby once

-more trips to the playground


-more strange stains on your clothes

-more pictures on your camera

-more love for your spouse

-more joy than you imagined possible


I am honored and so blessed to have this little baby who has made me a mother.  I am grateful to have all the wonderful examples of mothers in my life to strive to be like and I wish all of them a very happy Mother's day and a big thank you for all the things they constantly do for their children.

Me and my girl, Mother's Day 2014

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you too. Life is definitely so much better when you get to view it again through a little one's eyes.

    ReplyDelete