Saturday, April 12, 2014

15 Months


How is it time for another monthly update already!?  This last month has been a bit crazy around here, Matt was traveling a lot for work and spent three of the last four weeks out of town with trips to Germany, Canada, and California.  Oh, and between all of that we squeezed in our weekend in Gatlinburg too.  Let's just say that when he got home last night from California all Three Wheelers were thrilled that the crazy month of jet setting is over and no more business trips are on the immediate schedule.

Being a single parent had its share of challenges for sure, but somehow both Kate and I made it to work and daycare every morning and fell into our beds bathed, fed, and exhausted each night.  Luckily she is at a pretty easy stage, fairly predictable and fun.


Favorites: Checking the mailbox in the afternoon, her swing, cheese, waking up well before the sun, dancing, drinking bath water, and waving bye-bye to everyone at the daycare

Disklikes: Waiting for the instant oatmeal in the mornings ("instant" isn't fast enough for this impatient one), getting dressed or undressed, having her hair done, when we take dangerous things away from her or tell her "no"


In the last month Kate's coordination and comprehension continue to amaze us.  She understands and follows instructions, and she definitely knows what we're talking about and doesn't hesitate to share her opinions on the topic.  For example, if we say, "I think it's almost time for a nap." she will start vigorously shaking her head "No!"  She babbles nonstop and is adding new sounds and combinations daily, but it is still mostly nonsense.

I say it every month, and I hope I always get to keep saying it- this month was more fun than the last.  While her new skills in understanding the world around her and her new physical abilities to explore that world often lead to defiance and testing us and her boundaries, it is still fascinating to watch her grow and learn.  She has her own agenda, thoughts, likes and dislikes and is starting to find ways to really express her unique personality.  Being her Mama continues to be the best challenge and biggest blessing and I can't wait to see what fun this next month will bring.


2 comments:

  1. I know this month has flown past. I commented to John this morning that Kate was 15 months yesterday.
    I know you two will keep enjoying every minute even when Kate's stubborn side shows itself.
    Give your family a hug and kiss for me and tell them to give you hugs and kisses for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete