Sunday, November 7, 2010

Anniversary weekend

I had a great trip to South Carolina this weekend. The drive down on Friday got a little crazy... it started snowing really hard in the mountains. It was quite surreal to go from driving along in the rain to all of a sudden being in the middle of a blizzard with poor visibility, ice chunks frozen to my windshield wipers, and the road quickly becoming covered so I took a picture to document the bizarre early November snow storm:


It was worth the perilous journey though, and on Saturday we decided to put some more distance between us and the snowy mountains, we went to the beach for the day! Ahh... this view is much better, I could have stayed on this rock all day:I like that we're going to live close enough to the beach that weekend trips will be possible. We had lunch at Taco Boy and then spent the day wandering around downtown Charleston. For dinner we drove back to the beach and had delicious burgers at Poe's on Sullivan's Island. My drive back to Kentucky today was beautiful- no rain or snow, just blue sky and bright fall colors against it in the Smokies.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend. Crazy picture of the snowfall. I am jealous of the food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed you this weekend! Guess it was early practice for when you'll live in SC. Our grout should be finished tomorrow - wanna come over for dinner and the UK game?

    ReplyDelete