Thursday, September 9, 2010

Stick Day

Have I mentioned that I miss my husband? I do, for lots of reasons, one of which is that he usually does a lot of the jobs around here that I hate. Last week I had to mow the lawn. I did not enjoy this. Another example of a recent chore where I wish he'd been around is that one of the items we need to correct from the inspection is to "clear away brush and debris from behind the shed." When I first read this I was glad to see one request on the list that didn't cost any money or require hiring a plumber or electrician like some of the others... but then I got to thinking about it and realized the person who would be hauling giant limbs and branches out from the pile behind our storage shed was me.

Thankfully I found a solution and some wonderful, willing helpers. Claudia and Stephen agreed to take part in "Stick Day 2010" in exchange for Chick-fil-A lunch, and today was the big day!

Here's what we pulled out from behind the shed:
Then we wheelbarrowed it across the yard to toss into Stephen's truck bed and drive to the dump:

The weather was perfect and the three of us knocked it out in no time, we even had some fun tossing branches from the truck onto a giant mountain of yard waste at the Lexington Landfill & Compost Heap.

It feels good to have another thing crossed off the list and to be another day closer to living with someone again who will do the messy jobs for me!

1 comment:

  1. We'll make you into a Gray girl before you know it. HA!
    Glad you had help, cleaning up the yard is one of my least favorite thing to do outside.
    I am much more into the things that grow not the things that die.

    ReplyDelete