This morning at 5:15 a.m. a snuggly little six year old jumped in our bed and I didn't mind a bit because I feel like he was just a baby, and now he's a kid, and if I sleep in too late he might suddenly be an adult. So I always welcome the small intruder, especially because he usually tells me that he loves me and that he could snuggle me forever which makes me instantly forget that he just woke me up. Life with Luke has never been quiet for a minute and I love him more with each birthday that passes which I didn't even think was possible.
COVID ruined a lot of our plans and ideas for his birthday bash, but we found a way to safely celebrate this past weekend outside with all of his grandparents. Social distance was maintained, he did not blow on any of the food except his own cupcake, and his dream of a Harry Potter themed party was realized.
The party spread included a misspelled Hagrid style cake, chocolate covered pretzel wands, cheese puff "hufflepuffs," Reese's cup broomsticks, Golden Snitch Lindt truffles, Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans, and Polyjuice Potion (coffee) for the adults to transform them. Luke loved it. The star of the party was our very own Dementor piƱata that Kate and Luke helped make and destroy.
Six year old Luke is fearless. He is smart and kind. He loves to read, he loves to play video games with his sister, he loves to sleep in Kate's room with her, he thinks jumping out to scare me is hilarious. His loyalty and admiration for his #1 gal, Kate, is unwavering. Seriously, he immediately sticks up for her even when she is to blame for something. If he hears music, he can't help but dance, and his favorite jam these past few months has been We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel, he plays it on repeat.
My Luke, you are the coolest kid. I can't even describe how much I adore when you squeeze me tight or tell ridiculous knock knock jokes. You continue to amaze me with each year that passes at who you are becoming- a thoughtful, inquisitive, rambunctious, giggly, messy, wonderful person. Happy 6th birthday!



No comments:
Post a Comment