This past weekend my precious daughter turned seven. SEVEN! These past seven years- her existence- has completely redefined my entire life. Since that scrunchy faced, dark haired beauty arrived on the planet I have loved more, worried more, and laughed more than ever before. Parenting is a tough and wonderful gig and I am amazed at how that tiny baby has become one of the best humans I know. Kate is smart, funny, thoughtful, silly, observant, creative, and kind. For her birthday we celebrated all weekend long. We met up with some friends at the Children's Museum, ate at McDonald's, baked (per her specific requests) a Frozen II themed chocolate layer cake with vanilla frosting, blue sprinkles and blue snowflakes, and had several of her closest buddies over to eat it.
Some facts about seven year old Kate...
Favorite Special Area at school: Computer Lab
Teeth lost: five
When she grows up she wants to be: a teacher
Hobbies: coloring, playing board games, making forts, telling jokes, singing Disney songs
Best friends: Colton, Rex, Beckham, Claire, Connor
Favorite books: She loves Mo Willems' books right now, especially acting them out
I tell her all the time, but I'll tell the blog too- I am so proud of the amazing sister, friend, and daughter that Kate is to all those of us lucky enough to be in her life. Happy birthday to the girl who can always put a smile on my face, I love you Katherine Elizabeth Wheeler!





You forgot amazing cousin and niece!!!! :) Love you Kate!!
ReplyDeleteYou also forgot amazing Granddaughter! Love you my adorable Kate.
ReplyDelete