Thursday, October 31, 2019

Fall Fun






It has been a super fun fall.  Besides our new adventures in camping, we also had our first season of tee-ball for Luke and team soccer for Kate.  I was hesitant to fill our precious time with too many activities, but I found two programs that didn't involve any weekend commitments and both kiddos were really excited to be part of team.

Good sportsmanship- high fives all around after a good game


Rounding the bases
It did mean we spent two nights each week going our separate ways- one parent would take Luke and the other took Kate, and also dinners were a hurried, unhealthy mess those nights (full disclosure, I ate Pop Tarts at one of Kate's games as my dinner) but it has been lots of fun.




Luke could sometimes be found spinning circles in the outfield or yawning in the bleachers waiting for his turn in the batting line up, but Kate was a determined, hustling, GOAL SCORING, member of her team!

I was super proud of them both for trying something new.  Kate even had a fan club at most games, my parents thought the madness of youth soccer was the best entertainment around, and I'd have to agree.  Luke's season ended a few weeks ago, but Kate and the Hawks still have two games left.


Speaking of my parents, they seem to be settling in to fall in the south just fine.  They have joined us for hikes and picked up the kids on early release days for crafts or playground visits.  It has been such a treat to have them around!
Busy in Opa's art studio

Making sharks
No fall colors yet
I spent a night away last week in Charleston and like always, the food and views were amazing.  Even though I was technically there for work, it still felt relaxing just being near the water, it is such a calming reset.
Sunset over the marsh
Mmmm.... tacos taste better at the beach


This past weekend was Trunk or Treat at church, and the PJ Masks- Catboy, Owlette, and Gekko (Luke, Kate, and their best buddy Colton) had the best time.
Image result for pj masks



Today was dress up like a book character day, and the kids picked some of our very favorites right now- Fly Guy from the Fly Guy series and Fern from Charlotte's Web.




It might be a rainy mess tonight for Trick or Treating, we will see, but even if we don't make it out we have had a great Halloween regardless.  Hope you have all had a lovely October too!

1 comment:

  1. Y'all had a busy and fun October. I love the pictures as always.

    ReplyDelete