Where did January go? What have we even been doing? I guess I know the answer: life. Work, school, meetings, appointments, snuggles, errands, church, daycare, playing with friends at the park, chores, and while it isn't anything extraordinary to blog about, it is our reality and I really love the stage of life we are in. Kate and Luke require less and less supervision, they play for hours in the backyard together on weekends meaning I can finally spend Sunday afternoon meal prepping for the week again without kids running whiny circles around me.
 |
| January in South Carolina |
 |
| School lunch date |
 |
| Dentist visit |
 |
| Weekend slumber party |
 |
| Sledding when you never have snow |
We have made it through 100 days of Kindergarten (and loved every one), and I am blown away at how much this Kindergartner is reading, writing, and knowledgeable about these days. It might have been a non-blog worthy stretch, but that does not mean our days have been boring. There are so many sweet moments too- like morning snuggles in the bed when Kate and Luke come climbing in to wake us, or the silly conversations Kate and I have while we wait in the car line for drop off, or the dance moves Luke displays while we're getting dinner ready, or how Kate asks everyone each night what the highlight of their day (and low and if they had any challenges), or the peace and quiet now that after years of interrupted sleep it seems like we finally all sleep through the night consistently.

This year hopefully has some big things in store for us, we're busy dreaming up a giant renovation for the house, planning vacations, and enrolling the kids in different activities. I might not blog much anymore, but I will try to post some pictures from time to time to help me remember how happy these days that go by too fast were!
Yay for the post! I think of y'all everyday. Love seeing the pictures and love that life is so good. Hugs and love to all!
ReplyDelete