Thursday, June 28, 2018

Jekyll Island


Laura and I have been wanting to visit Jekyll Island, Georgia for years (ever since we saw a blogger post gorgeous vacation pictures of it) and this week we finally found ourselves exploring Driftwood Beach, sipping cocktails oceanfront, meeting turtles at the Sea Turtle Hospital, riding bikes, playing mini golf, and zipping down water slides at the Summer Waves park.  It is such a peaceful, family friendly island.  The kids climbed all over trees draped in dreamy Spanish moss, mass quantities of Goldfish crackers semi covered in sand were consumed under our beach umbrella, and it was so much fun to catch up with our dear friends.


The cottage where we stayed was gorgeous, I wanted to steal all the perfect beachy themed throw pillows.  There was plenty of room for all eight of us and a pool a short walk down the street.  The kids got along and the parents stayed up late playing cards.  It was perfect.

Driftwood Beach lived up to its name, it was such beautiful yet bizarre scenery.


Our afternoon at the waterpark almost ended before it even started when some thunder boomed and clouds rolled in, but luckily it passed by quickly and there were blue skies (and much less park visitors) left afterwards.


 One night we went to a place that was the trifecta of kid heaven.  A pizza restaurant that also had a playground behind it and a mini golf on it's property.  After stuffing ourselves with pizza we played a wild round of golf.  Surprisingly only one ball was lost.



It was a mini vacation for us but I really feel like we filled each day with so much fun that it felt almost like a whole week.  I love our tradition of these reunion trips and watching our kids grow up together.  And the beach. I just love the beach.


Coon Reunion 2018- Kate (5), Luke (3), Caroline (4), Ellie (7)

1 comment: