Matt was in Canada last week, and it was quite fitting that he returned home Saturday evening just in time for Father's Day, because nothing makes me appreciate him more than a reminder of how much we miss him when he is not around. I am not even kidding when I say that without him, I'd be a lousy Mom. He swoops in when he can tell my patience is wearing thin, he juggles his work schedule with mine in order for us to make all the logistics work, he makes the kids laugh harder than anyone, he keeps us happy, and he is our favorite.
Summer is in full swing here and we have spent two weekends in a row on the lake and then last weekend at Waterfall Junction at the zoo. On Sunday I think the kids spent all afternoon in the baby pool on the patio. The only time they got out was to go play in the sprinkler next door.
We are so happy when we are wet. Well, Luke is also usually shivering even if it's 99 degrees outside and he is wet, but that doesn't stop him from having a blast. I am thankful for all these fun summer memories and especially on Father's Day weekend I am thankful for the Dads in my life- mine, John, and Matt, who do such a fantastic job loving us!







Happy Father's Day and Happy Family Day to you all.
ReplyDelete