Awhile back my Mom asked my Dad how he wanted to spend his 65th birthday, and he wisely decided that partying with the two craziest party animals around (Kate and Luke, or me and my Mom I suppose...) was his best option for a memorable celebration. There was cake, mayhem, wild animals (both at the zoo and the dinner table), presents, puzzles, painting, and books. Matt has been in Taiwan since last week and we were thrilled to have such special visitors in town to keep us from missing him too much.
As retirement quickly approaches for my Dad (six days to go), he is exploring new hobbies and interests, one of which is painting. My Opa was a very talented artist and I have fond memories of painting with him when I was a kid, and I love that the tradition seems to have run over into the next generation too!
We celebrated both the Cats SEC Championship victory and Opa's birthday on Sunday and are already counting down to the official birthday/retirement family reunion party trip coming up later this spring when Matt and Claudia with her family can all join us too. Happy birthday and almost retirement Dad, I'm so glad we got to kick off the celebration with you!







No comments:
Post a Comment