If you are lucky enough to have a sister, then I hope you are also lucky enough to be able to relate when I say that sometimes you just need some sister time! Last weekend Kate, Hannah, Claudia, and I had a girls weekend together and it was a blast! The biggest drawback to living in South Carolina is obviously how far we are from family, but driving Friday and Sunday to have Saturday together is worth it every time.
The weekend weather was gorgeous, a pleasant reprieve from the humidity and a slight tease of fall crispness was in the air. We were pretty lazy, and did girlie things like paint our toes and hang out poolside in the yard. My parents came to visit to see all their girls, and a special exception was made for Opa to crash the party. Kate was glad to see him:

Hannah is cautious around unfamiliar faces, and I'm working hard to make sure she knows who I am by Skyping more and sneaking in visits like this one. By the end of our trip she even walked over to me and gave me a hug when I stretched out my arms so my plan is working! Even more precious though is the blossoming best friendship between our daughters... there are no friends like cousins, it is such a special bond and I loved seeing these two cuties play so well together:
Thanks for the fun weekend, sis! Let's do it again soon!






No comments:
Post a Comment