If my last post had you wondering what the boys were up to while we left them, don't worry, they had fun too. You can check out the recap of their adventures over on Matt's blog.
Haha, I'm just kidding, Matt does not have a blog. I'll fill you in here. The boys took advantage of the super nice weekend weather and did some hiking and exploring in the Smoky Mountain National Park. They visited some cabins, ate some snacks, drove around... ok, so I don't really know a lot of details, but I know that they had fun with Matt's parents.
 |
| I spy... my favorite little guy |
 |
| When I saw this picture I thought, "Who is that BOY!?" He looks so big here! |
Our little experiment last weekend going our separate ways with our kids made us realize that for some reason both of them are better behaved when we split them up. We have had a rather trying few weeks of more fighting, whining, not sharing, and tantrums than usual. It was refreshing to see their sweet sides stick around again, but also makes me sort of sad since I prefer us all to be together as a family. It was actually a good reminder that sometimes we should give them some one on one attention and special memories apart from each other.
It served as a nice reset, because both kiddos sure were excited to be reunited last Sunday afternoon. We visited with Matt's parents before driving the rest of the way home.
 |
| Feeding the ducks in Oak Ridge |
The following week brought a germ smorgasbord/curse upon our home that included strep throats, a sinus infection, ear infection, and fevers... so that's about all I'll blog about the last seven days. Three of the four Wheelers are on antibiotics now and all of us are feeling fine so it's over and in hindsight, it really wasn't that bad, we've been through much worse as far as plagues go.
 |
| Happy and healthy |
It is hard to believe it is already August. We still have a few fun trips around the corner, including our week long family vacation at the end of the month which the kids are practicing for above in their new chairs. I'm glad we squeezed in our very last minute impromptu trip to Kentucky/Tennessee last weekend because I have a feeling it's going to be a very busy fall!
Well you had me and John there for a minute, I was getting ready to search for Matt's blog. 😂 We really enjoyed having Luke to ourselves. It is fun to have them individually and fun to have them together.
ReplyDeleteGlad you all are recovering from your illnesses. Have a good week.