Happy Mother's Day! It is such a wonderful, messy, magical, complicated, and yet constant joy to have the title of "Mommy" and I continue to be amazed at how my capacity to love these little humans grows with each new stage of childhood more than I thought possible.
The job description keeps changing and currently includes: answering the same question over and over and over, negotiating treaties regarding toy sharing, wiping bums and noses, forcing Luke to stay in the time out chair, laughing at Kate's silly imagination and creative songs, being a human jungle gym, bribing Kate to stop sucking her thumb, singing to Luke before bed, watching Paw Patrol, sweeping the kitchen floor after every snack or meal, and bursting with pride as these two sweet kiddos figure things out for themselves.
It has been a great weekend, the kids showered me with adorable gifts they made at school and church, Matt made french toast for breakfast and smoked barbecue all afternoon for dinner, and there were lots of extra hugs and kisses all day long.
I always hoped to have children and the two crazies I have do not disappoint, and I am thankful that they are making me a more patient, compassionate person with each new challenge. They are the best thing in my life and make each day a wild, unpredictable adventure. There is no sound better than hearing their laughter and I am so honored to be their Mom.






John and I could not have picked a better Mom for my grands than you. God sent you to be Matt's wife and we are so blessed.
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day!!