I remember, in the beginning, when it was tough and ugly and overwhelming to be a new parent saying, "Ugh. I don't want a baby, I want like, a four year old." Well today I have one and she is as delightful and adorable as I hoped and imagined my needy (but cute) little dark haired baby would become one day. Don't misunderstand me, I loved the last four years of watching her grow and develop into this sweet, funny, thoughtful little human and did not want to skip it. It has been the biggest privilege of my life to be part of them. What a fun age four is though, and I'm really excited to be here!
For her fourth birthday, Kate woke up to balloons and streamers decorating her bedroom and presents in the living room, including a new bike!
Her day continued to be great, with treats at school to celebrate and gorgeous sunny skies with highs in the seventies. This weekend we will have a party with all of her friends at a gymnastics studio to jump around and celebrate some more. Four year old Kate is sweet, smart, and helpful. She loves to play card games, read Bible stories before bed, play hide and seek, and sing along to the Frozen soundtrack. Her imagination and creative personality continue to amaze me and I love spending time with this precious girl. She is a rule follower and and rule enforcer around here, she is not afraid to boss Luke (or anyone else) around and tell them exactly how things should be done, and she loves her routines. She is a sharp observer and has a crazy memory, she notices everything!
My sweet Katherine Elizabeth, you bring us so much joy and laughter and fun. We are so proud of the kind and thoughtful sister and friend you are and how you look for ways to help. The way your face lights up when you are excited is priceless and I pray that you always have such an all consuming passion for things you love in your life. You are my favorite girl and I wish you a very happy birthday!!





Happy Birthday to you sweet Kate You stole my heart from the moment I held you and I have cherished every moment since. I love you and I'm looking forward to watching you grow
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday BK!!!! We love you so! :)
ReplyDelete