Two years ago I held this cutie for the first time and I haven't stopped adoring him since. Luke turned two on Thursday and my heart can hardly handle how quickly this baby turned into a boy. We were thrilled to have Oma and Opa in town to help us celebrate our favorite guy and the day was filled with presents, playing outside, birthday cake, and a special birthday dinner at his favorite place (Chick fil A), followed by a magical drive through the Saluda Shoals Park holiday lights display which impressed us all.
 |
| My silly sweet boy |
Kate helped me decorate the dining room for Luke's birthday and before the sun was even up on Thursday our eager guy had opened all his fun gifts. Books, trucks, Mickey Mouse - all his favorite kind of things! I think he loved his Thomas the Train balloon the most out of all his presents though.
 |
| Ooooohhh! Is this for me too!? |
 |
| I love to read! |
 |
| Big sister is a big helper |
Two year old Luke is a good mix of delightful and terrible, depending on the minute of the day. The fun times make my heart want to explode, and the frustrating times make me want to pull my hair out.
 |
| Being silly with my silly guy |
He is very eager to help, mimics everything Kate does, and has strong opinions about what he wears or eats. He is in that phase where new words are popping up in his vocabulary each day and I love hearing his little baby voice try out news sounds and start communicating better with us. Recently he started calling Kate, "Tate!" instead of just "Sista" like he had been for awhile and it is the cutest sound. He loves playgrounds, being outside, spotting birds and squirrels, watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and clinging to his Mama in the mornings at daycare drop off.
 |
| Launching snowballs through a snow cannon at the children's museum at me and Kate |
Luke is in awe of the Christmas tree and all the lights this year. He even helped decorate ours last weekend when we got home from our Thanksgiving trip.
Luke, how are you two already? We love you more everyday and cannot imagine a sound better than your giggle. Thank you for all the joy you bring to us, I can't wait to see what this next year will bring. Happy birthday my sweet boy!
Happy 2nd Birthday Luke. You are the sweetest little fellow and I love you so much.
ReplyDelete