December always goes by so fast. This month was no exception, in fact, it has been one of the most hectic holiday seasons ever, and it had nothing to do with the holidays. I have spent the last 18 months working on a huge project at work, we implemented an entirely new financial software system, and after months of testing, redesigning, learning, teaching, and preparing for the big conversion... December 1st we officially switched systems. I don't think I've caught my breath since, it has been the craziest and busiest I have ever been at work, my phone never stops ringing with users who need help, and I am still trying to figure it out myself! We all had to basically learn our jobs all over again, so it has been overwhelming. I hope that by spring things will calm down again.
My mood instantly brightens when I get to come home to my babies each night though. We have had a memorable Christmas season, doing things like driving through the living nativity, singing carols, watching Christmas movies, and eagerly opening our Advent calendar each night.
![]() |
| Oh! What did you get today? |
![]() |
| Luke (top left corner, striped bottom) wanted nothing to do with daycare Santa |
![]() |
| Stocking up for the holidays |
The weather has been mild so we have even enjoyed some time outside on the weekends lately.
With all the hustle and bustle of the season, the moments with the family are even more special and I try to be intentional about ignoring the stress and to do lists at work when I am with them. They are only little once, and the magic of Christmas through their eyes is too sweet to let distractions make me miss it.
![]() |
| Kate understands the reason for the season |
![]() |
| Birthday surprises for me! |
I hope your Advent season has been a time of peace and preparation... ready or not, here come the holidays!
![]() |
| Shout out to Laura- we LOVE our flannel reindeer sheets this time of year, thank you! |












No comments:
Post a Comment