Sunday, March 1, 2015

Three Months Old


February flew by and somehow March is here.  Luke is three months old.  He is chubby, easy going, and has found his voice making the cutest coos and noises at us.  I love him so much.  He did great his first week of daycare, very relaxed about the whole experience, and took his bottles and naps there without any problems.

Nighttime sleep has been bad lately, we're blaming all the recent changes in his life like daycare and moving to a crib along with a nasty cold for the constant wakings.  I'm hoping that there are more restful nights in our future very soon, getting up every other hour (some nights last week every hour) to soothe a stuffy child is taking its toll on everyone in the family.

Hehe, I knocked that penguin over!

Likes: Eating, sleeping, snuggling... what a great life!

Dislikes: Mucus, having his nails trimmed, and laying flat on his back

Protect me, sister! Keep that penguin away!
Luke's biggest fan by far is his sister.  Kate adores him and even goes to visit him during the day at daycare to see how he is doing in the infant room.  She loves to hug, kiss, hold and help him.  It is a very sweet relationship.

"I hold my brother's hand!"
"I hold Luke!"
He is much bigger than she was at three months, he is already over 15 pounds and I swear his cheeks look fuller every day.  I love his healthy appetite, it has made me less stressed and rigid about his feeding schedule.  He eats around 7-8 times a day right now.

Comparing my two babies at the same age
Three months marks the beginning of our new everyday routine as a family of four.  It is busy and we have learned that planning meals ahead for the week and packing everyone's bags the night before are the keys to a smooth week for us.  I know it will keep getting easier and we will soon be in the new habit of getting two kids out the door every day and in bed each night while working.  Luckily Matt and I have such similar work schedules that no parent ever has to be juggling both kids alone.
Last Monday, Luke's first day of daycare
I'm sad how quickly the "tiny" baby phase has already come and gone, but eager to see what the next month holds as Luke develops more personality each day.



No comments:

Post a Comment