This is a hectic season of life. It is full of joy but also full of juggling and that makes it difficult at times. Being torn in many different directions, making sacrifices, and struggling to prioritize is not easy for anyone. My first week back to work included the added challenge of a sick child sent home from daycare. My second week back to work included the added challenge of a car in the shop and figuring out how to be a single car family for four days. There's always something. I won't even go into how overwhelming it has been being thrown back into a busy work environment while operating on minimal sleep. Luke has started waking more frequently again during the night at the worst time possible as I attempt to get caught up at work. As I cried (this seems to be my outlet for how I deal with sleep deprivation and stress) about the pressure and exhaustion of it all last Thursday, my sweet and helpful husband suggested a weekend getaway...

So we ignored the dishes, the laundry, the grocery list, and all the chores and errands that usually keep us busy all weekend long. We went to the beach to escape, to look out at the ocean and feel small and to find peace. We ate at our favorite restaurants and enjoyed an uninterrupted day together as a family without any distractions. It was good for my soul.
 |
| "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." -Matthew 11:28 |
.jpg) |
| Sullivan's Island lighthouse against a Kentucky blue 31-0 sky |
It was Luke's first time to the beach and to Taco Boy, a rite of passage in this family.
 |
| Kate is an old regular at Taco Boy |
It was exactly what I needed and left me feeling thankful and mentally refreshed for the week ahead. Better sleep will come for our family eventually and I'll get used to being back at work soon. In the meantime, I might be extremely tired, but I'm also very happy.
What a great idea! Matt is so thoughtful!! I was crying before I got to the second picture. So glad you were able to get away for an afternoon. You look great, by the way!!
ReplyDeleteSo thankful you all got a break from all the stress and had a relaxing weekend. You all look so happy and that makes me happy.
ReplyDeleteLove to all of you.