If you live in Kentucky and I love you, then there's a good chance I saw you this weekend. I tried to squeeze in as many visits with as many dear friends as possible in a very short span of time... and it was successful!
Friday afternoon my first stop when I got to town was to swing by and hold my favorite baby girl, Ellie:
That evening I went downtown for dinner, which has changed quite a bit. When we lived across from this street, all it had was a Huddle House. Now there's a variety of cute restaurants and bars.Stephen works second shift at the hospital, so we met him during his "lunch break" for a quick dinner at Firehouse. The drink machine was probably the highlight of the meal... so many choices! Here's the happy couple, just 34 days until they tie the knot:
Claudia and I stayed up way too late having a sibling sleepover full of silly stories. Saturday morning I went to Starbuck's to catch up with Anne. We've been doing this since our freshman year of college. It used to be a weekly ritual inbetween our classes, then once we were married we tried to do it monthly, and now we'll settle for lattes whenever I'm in town!
Lunchtime Saturday was a bridal lunch for Claudia, the weather was great so we sat outside at Saul Good. Here's a fellow bridesmaid, Jaclyn with the bride-to-be:
Me and my sis. Next time I see her will be wedding weekend!!!!
Saturday afternoon I drove up to visit with my parents and that evening I headed off to my ten year high school reunion. It was fun reminiscing and seeing old friends. No matter how much time passes, I think these will always be some of the people who know me best because they knew who I was back then.The food was bad. The venue was mediocre. The company was hilarious and we decided we'd have much more fun if we left and went to get ice cream instead. Here's one of my friend Dusty with his wife and fellow Ryle-alum Cory, she's due with baby # 2 later this year!
Today I drove back. My voice is hoarse from all the talking I did this weekend and I'm exhausted from staying up late both nights, but it was well worth it to see so many friends!








Great to see you!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Saying the food was "bad" does not describe it accurately! Haha!
So glad I got to see you!!!
ReplyDeleteclearly I had yet to check my blogs when I sent you that email - sorry! glad you had such a good time :)
ReplyDelete