The good news is... our kitchen is painted! The bad news is... we're still not sure if we like it. The color we ended up choosing for under the cabinets was called Pirate's Treasure- a warm, happy golden yellow. Here's a swatch from Valspar's website to give you a better idea because the color did not photograph well, the pictures I took don't really show what it looks like in person.
We painted a sample of it first and it looked great. Then, after painting everything under the cabinets it felt like too much yellow. It was too bright, not the golden warm shade we had hoped for. We're done painting for this weekend, and even though it is growing on us I doubt we're going to leave it, we're just not in love with how it turned out, but you never know.
However... we are happy with the color we picked for our nook, staircase, and upstairs hallway! Good thing too, because it took four times as long to paint all that than it did under the cabinets. The color we picked was called Jekyll Clubhouse Yellow, a light buttery shade.
Enough with my rambling, I’m sure all you care about anyway are the pictures! There are still details like finding a new light fixture and hanging curtains to come, but for now I am excited to share a before and after look of our pansy free kitchen!
Breakfast nook before:
After...
Kitchen before:
Kitchen after:
Stairs before:

Stairs after:
It feels great to be free of the wallpaper! It feels great to have completed this big project in less than a month! Special thanks go out to my hubby for all his help, hard work, and patience during the ongoing great kitchen color debate of 2011. No matter what we end up deciding regarding the final color choice, I already love this room so much more than before! It feels decades younger, cleaner, and happier. I actually want to cook in it! It is cheerful and welcoming. Ahh....
Happy Labor Day everyone!







Looks great, Jen - whatever y'all decide about the color, I know you're glad to have it painted and cleaned up - enjoy the rest of the day!
ReplyDeleteIt looks great - and the colors look so different in the photos than they do on the swatches - crazy!
ReplyDeleteAnne- the more I look at the swatch pics I pulled from online, the more I feel like they don't truly represent the color right either. I guess your only option to see what it really looks like is to come visit me!
ReplyDelete